I N S P I R E D B Y D O L C E & G A B B A N A | Tribute Review


Stardoll brought us our next Tribute store for this season, Dolce & Gabbana! This is another one which we've had a few times before, and while I've never been the biggest fan I always seem to come away with at least a few pieces to work with, lets see how this release gets on.



Highlights: This tribute came with the usual two floors of items for this season, and there are 5 looks per floor, including one set of clothes for the guys, and it's not just something quite plain either, I'd say this is alright. The green is definitely eye catching alike the Balmain release, I like the feel of this one with the bananas on the trees and the coconut drinks in the back!

Accessories: There is a pretty reasonable range of accessories on offer in this Dolce&Gabbana release. Three pairs of shoes to choose between, the Dolce&Gabbana Inspired Lace Booties, Straw Heels and Marching Heels. They offer a good variety between them with colour and style, plus they're all pretty detailed, especially the heel portion in both the Straw Heels and Marching Heels, which is great and really makes them worth the money and earn the position in a Tribute store. There are two bags available, the Dolce&Gabbana Inspired Gelateria Handbag and Drum Handbag. The detail on these is great, I love the little extras, especially the frill along the top of the first and the sweet pompoms on the second. Then there are several extras, including the extravagant Dolce&Gabbana Inspired Pineapple Sunglasses in gold, the Dolce&Gabbana Inspired Brooch and the Hoop Earrings which look pretty awesome and very wearable!

Clothing: There is a huge focus on feminine pieces, with most clothes skirts or dresses. There is one non-skirted option and that is the casual pair of Dolce&Gabbana Inspired Embroidered Jeans which I love and I'm so glad they were included as I think they're super versatile and I think they're the piece most people will gravitate to if they're not so for the grandiose style of the rest of the store. There's also the Clean T-Shirt to pair with them, and it's pretty much just a white tee, versatile but maybe pricey for something I'm sure could be cheaper from another store or even it may be something a lot of people already have. Then onto the skirts and dresses. There are a couple of more minimal pieces available which I'll quickly discuss first, the Dolce&Gabbana Inspired Lace Dress and then the pairing of the Double Breasted Vest and Midi Skirt which are all in black, but I think they're sleek pieces which would work well for anyone with any different style idea - I particularly love the collar and sleeves on the dress, so pretty! The rest of the clothing on the first floor of the store has more of a nod towards yellow and golden tones. There is one dress, the casual and quirky Dolce&Gabbana Inspired Pomadoro Dress, I really quite like the classical tomato print design on the front, and I've actually seen a few people wearing it really well but I'm just not so sure how good it would work for me in my closet. Then there are two sets of tops+skirts, the Pasta Blouse and Skirt which have a great feminine style with the full skirt, and then the slightly more historical-themed Embroidered Vest and Band Skirt with contrasting black design and waistbelt. The second floor has focus on the more dramatically designed pieces from the collection. Your eye really is caught by the Dolce&Gabbana Inspired Glitter Coat which is navy and purple in colour and covered in sequins, which I just love! The shimmery effect is translated really well and I think this is a great piece in the store. The Hotpants playsuit also really stands out with the golden laden embroidered shorts. I love the design of the piece, but as a playsuit I'm not sure how much I'd wear it myself, definitely worth some investigations as use as either a top or bottoms by using other pieces. Lastly two skirts and jacket-styled tops. The sweet floral Mini Skirt and Piano Skirt, then the colourful military style Jacket and darker Opulent Jacket - for me, these pieces aren't so versatile and they're not really things I would be looking to add to my wardrobe, but I'm sure some of you guys feel different. I definitely think I could give the jackets a try though if I see a couple of great stylings.

Prices: The store ranges from 9 to 35SD's, which is right on track with these other Tributes this season. And there are no SS/Royalty only items, which is a great bonus! I'm pretty happy with the prices of everything, I think everything has the right price for what it is.

Styled Outfits: This release I ended up purchasing 4 items, and maybe I'll be brave and choose a few more later before the store leaves, but I styled them all into 3 looks below.  I did quite surprise myself with how I put them together, not what I was envisaging when I made my purchases but I'm happy nonetheless. First up the Dolce&Gabbana Inspired Embroidered Jeans in a very casual styling with this standout red jacket. I wanted to choose my clothing from the colours in the jean embroidery, and this red fitted perfectly. Love using these long sleeves, the navy polo totally works well and I added glamour with the gold necklace but kept it down to earth with these white trainers. Secondly the Dolce&Gabbana Inspired Straw Heels and Brooch. The golden tone of the shoes leads easily to similar colours for an outfit, I'm quite surprised that this sweater and skirt worked together and with the shoes, but I really like trying this something different on my doll. Like the black polo and accessories to break up the colour a little, but the Brooch fit nicely with the colour theme and on the bag. Lastly the Dolce&Gabbana Inspired Glitter Coat, which was the purchase I was a little unsure about because will I really get the wear out of it? I'm not sure, but I've worn it for now and I like it. Stuck with darker tones and love using these violet trousers, they complement the colours in the piece perfectly!


Features: I've seen a really good array of pieces from the store being worn so far, so there's a really good range of features to show you today. First up is leiona_- going with the Dolce&Gabbana Inspired Pasta Blouse and Double Breasted Vest underneath to combat the sheer blouse. I think they pair together well, and both look good with this shape of skirt chosen, super smart but also stylish.


Secondly, going sparkly is miss.privacy combining the Dolce&Gabbana Inspired Glitter Coat with a great texture contrast in these velvet trousers! The colours are perfection for each other, so these get a big thumbs up from me. The white shirt and shoes stand out quite nicely, adding a smart element to the style and I think it does actually work quite well with the much darker tones.


A second look with the Dolce&Gabbana Inspired Glitter Coat but also including the Embroidered Jeans and Drum Handbag comes from missiwantitall. I like this casual version of a styling of the coat, I think it works out well and really shows the versatility the pieces does have. Also loving the use of the golden shoes in this style, they fit perfectly.


And finally a look from miver combining the Dolce&Gabbana Inspired Straw Heels and Brooch but in a much sleeker look that I put together. Both pieces stand out very nicely against the black, and I think they work particularly well with the use of the sheer tights and sleeves which doesn't overwhelm the look in terms of darkness, very sweet!


Comments

Popular Posts