O R I G I N A L F U T U R E | Release Review



This week started off with a brand new floor of Original Future, which is a store that often comes with some great items, mostly to my surprise as I don't think it's my style but it must be! The store usually has good casual pieces to style, which is exactly what I'm feeling like right now. And again great to see real dolls on the advertisement!



Highlights: So this was the regular one floor release with mostly clothing pieces, and everything for the girls. Overall there isn't a particular theme but a casual vibe definitely comes from a lot of the pieces in their relaxed fit and cool colour choices - I'm definitely looking forward to going through this store.

Accessories: As usual, there are minimal accessories released in this collection, a few pairs of shoes and some other small items. I'm immediately attracted to the Silver Sneakers, I think they are a fab style and will work for a lot of different people and in a range of looks. I'm also quite tempted by the pink of the Platform Hot Pink Sandals, even though I'm unsure of the platform sole, I think they could look good in a lot of outfits. The Bandana Headband is a very sweet piece, and I also think the Graphic Oversized Scarf will be a popular choice, especially for winter and street-styled outfits.

Clothing: The focus is definitely clothing-based, and I like the loungewear feel to a lot of the pieces in this release. I also really like that there aren't a huge number of prints or complicated pieces in the release, most things are one colour and pretty minimal. The little Original Future diamond logo seems popular this time with 4 items donning it on the front. For me the Cropped Black Turtleneck and Lycra Turtleneck Crop Top seem like good pieces to have as they seem the most versatile and could definitely be used for their polo neck under a range of other tops and sweaters, while the maroon Casual Two Tone Sweatshirt is more of a wear-alone piece but great for loungewear looks. Also good on the loungewear front are the Ripped Hoodie and Track Pants and I think they could be reasonably popular pieces. Outerwear in this release focuses on the puffer style with both the Green Puffer Vest and Black Puffer Jacket, initially I didn't like these pieces so much, but with just a little time, actually I think they're not so bad as I first thought, and maybe I'll purchase them to style at a later time. For me the rest of the pieces are quite 'stand-alone' and don't fit so much into one type or style of clothing. The Ribbed Crop Basic Top is a fab minimal piece and is versatile, I think it's a good investment style piece and buying it wouldn't be wasting your money. And lastly two of the more colourful items in the release, the vibrant Mock Polo Knit with good shape all over and fit on the doll, and the Quilted Sage Mini Skirt which has such a beautiful colour, but I think the fit on the doll could be a little improved.

Prices: Costs of this release range between 10 and 25SD's, with most items placed nicely in the teen range. There's also a SC choice as well as no items are limited to just SS or Royalty members. I think the prices suit the items well and nothing seems overpriced at all.

Styled Outfits: I ended up buying quite a few pieces from the store and they really excited me aout styling them from the get go, which is always great! I styled all of the pieces I got, and I'm very happy with the outcomes. Firstly the Quilted Sage Mini Skirt and Silver Sneakers, not really a typical pairing, but both looked good with this silver polo and so that was that! I like the minimal style for it, but I look forward to a little more time with the skirt to try something adventurous. In the middle is the Mock Polo Knit and I took advantage of the oversizing to use fitting pieces like skinny jeans and boots. The black really lets the orange pop and look quite inviting. And lastly the Ribbed Crop Basic Top which so far seems like a great basic and I loved pairing it like that with black clothing. It works well with the waistcoat as it really draws the eye to the top-half of the look and therefore to the piece itself.



Comments

Popular Posts